Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > problem with scanning some cars
problem with scanning some cars

3432 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2016-12-30 22:07:03

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-24 18:25:00
    I get an error when scanning some cars such as honda
    (No communication between tester and control unit)

I tried it on my car which is a honda civic and it gave this error. Month ago I scanned my car and it worked normally but now I don't now the problem.
    Also recently I noticed that the scanner can't detect the vin number automatically.
    Can you help me with my problem.

I tried the following solution:
    *I connected the vci to the tablet using usb
    *I updated the vci
    *I tried some different cars such as a mini cooper and scanner worked normally
    * I tried several honda cars and it gave the same error
    * I can't update the firmware on tablet since my licence expired

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2016-12-24 19:51:39 (Reply to:Mehmood)

sounds like you have a broken wire in your dlc cable...on the honda find out which pin on the dlc you are requesting comm and just check for contunity on that pin for the dlc cable...simple

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-24 21:09:20 (Reply to:billymck)
    Thanks for your reply. Tomorrow I will test it.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-30 13:56:05 (Reply to:billymck)
    Hi,
    I tested the dlc cable and it is working fine.
    Do you have any more ideas on what the problem might be.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-30 14:00:18
    I realized something that when I open the diagnosis from the history of cars I prevoisly scanned they open normally and I can see te services and funvtions that I have for that kind of car without connecting to the car. But when I try to open the history of honda cars it gives the same error I explained above.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-12-30 19:51:36 (Reply to:Mehmood)

Yeah, Meh- mood too would definitely take a turn for the worse if I did an update just before my F'n sub ran out, and it  F's me on being able to scan certain make of car , especially my own car. Hope you made backups of your older software versions while you were still within your update period.
        I would think I would abstain from doing any sort of software updates within 30 days of my subscription expiration unless I hear that the newer version is stable and isn't rendering more functions inoperative than it is adding to newer car coverage.
      I haven't been reading much good news the past few years about improvement to Maxi Sys stability, functionality, or support for the product. Other than pleasing lawyers and complying to Bogus court ordered software interface changes that just seem F things up ). Absolutely nothing I read so far  would make me want to either update my DS708 or upgrade from my old DS708 with software from mid 2014.
      If I do upgrade,  it will be because I got to have  newer car coverage, and  likely be the corded MS906 (price point model) or clearance discontinued MS905 mini and likely never, ever  purchase an update for it.
      I have seen no effort from support to fix problems for people just out of subscription period or provide some sort of  recovery software that people can restore their tools with , so until they make things right with people's problems,  updates are beta tested and stable, support improves, why buy updates if they  might cause problems for older car coverage?

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-30 20:27:32 (Reply to:witsend)
    I agree with you.
    But unfortunately I didn't make a backup,and I think some of the car models files are
    corrupted. Do you know someone who can send me the honda car files to test my
    theory if the files are corrupted?
    My licence has expired more than 5 months ago preventing me from update but today
    it shows that an update is available OS V02.99.00. I don't know what will happen if I
    update and something wrong or bad might happen then I will need to renew the
    licence.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-12-30 21:08:15 (Reply to:Mehmood)

I think if you updated the OS out of subscription you will just  end up making the rest of the car makes software non authorized to use and will not be able to access and use it without buying another 12 month update subscription :-(

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-30 21:18:39 (Reply to:witsend)
    If that happens can't I replace the files with the backup I will make before updating?

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2016-12-30 21:50:35
    Can anyone send me the maxisys 908 honda files?
    My email is: nexus4.alii1991@gmail.com.
  Total2 Pages